2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(8)


Go to hell(去死)

A:Go to hell! I don't need your pity.
B:I really want to help you.



The hell it is(胡說)

A:Dad, my math failed this time.
B:The hell it is.

Or Nonsense



You reap what you sow(自作自受)

A:Ouch! Who put the chair here? It hurt my leg.
B:It was you. You reap what you sow.

Or You deserve it


(someone should) be smart(放聰明點)

A:I want to tell her the truth.
B:Be smart. It's not your business.

Or Wise up







Don't do this to me(別這樣對我)

A:I want a divorce.
B:Don't do this to me.

Or Don't treat me that way


Don't get smart with me(別耍花樣)

A:Dad, Ann and I will study all night at her home.
B:Don't get smart with me. I know what you girls are doing.

Or Don't play dirty games with me


Don't overdo it(別做得太過火 )

A:Mom, I want to move out and live with Ben.
B:Darling, don't overdo it.

Or It's too much.


Don't play dirty games(別耍花樣)

A:I don't know where James is.
B:Don't play dirty games with me. Everybody knows you two are good buddies.

Or Don't cheat










You're not getting away with it( 你逃不掉)

A:I didn't do it.
B:I saw you setting the fire. You're not getting away with it.

Or You can't get rid of it




give(someone) the finger(伸出中指() )

A:It's not very polite to give someone the finger.
B:But the creep tried to hang around me.

Or Fuck you




I'm telling you for the last time(最後警告你)

A:Don't park your car in front of my house. I'm telling you for the last time.
B:Sorry.

Or This is the last time I warn you




I'll teach (someone) a lesson never forget( 我要給他一個終生難忘的教訓)

A:The boy broke all the windows in the school. What will you do?
B:I'll teach him a lesson he'll never forget.

Or I'll teach (someone) an unforgettable lesson

If the shoes fits, wear it(如果事實是如此,就認了吧)

A:You'd better stop cheating on the exam. If the shoes fit, wear it.
B:I guess Mr. Brown found who did it.





Keep out of this(少管閒事)

A:Move your car away, and then send the old man to the hospital.
B:Keep out of this. It's messy enough here. We don't need another boss.

Or It's none of your business



Keep your sweaty hand off (少毛手毛腳)

A:Keep your sweaty hands off me, or I'll call a police.
B:Sorry.

Or Keep your hands to yourself


None of your games(別耍花樣)

A:I prepared the tests with Sam
B:None of your games. I won't buy it this time.

Or Don't play dirty games








get smart(放聰明點)

A:He stopped beating his wife after all.
B:That's good. He got smart.

Or He became smart



Try me(等著瞧/試試看)

A:I don't think you'll leave
B:Try me!





Want to make something of it?(不爽是不是)

A:Why do you keep picking on my sister?
B:Want to make something of it?





Watch me(等著瞧)

A:I don't think you'll quit.
B:Watch me.

Or Try me







We'll see about that(走著瞧)

A:His brother won't allow us to start a baseball team
B:We'll see about that!

Or Watch me

Who are you(你算老幾)

A:You can't stay here. Do you hear me?
B:Who are you?

Or Who do you think you are?
Who are you kidding?(你在跟誰開玩笑)

A:They'll become top models.
B:Who are you kidding?

Or You must be kidding
Wise up(放聰明點)

A:Wise up, kid. Give me all your money.
B:No problem if you don't hurt me.

Or Be smart
You want to bet?(你要打賭嗎 )

A:I don't think you'll get the contract.
B:You want to bet?


Or We'll see about that!

沒有留言:

張貼留言