2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(16)


Don't be so cheap(不要這麼小氣)

A:No taxi. We “walk” there.
B:Don't be so cheap.

Or Don't be so mean


have it your own way(隨你的便)

A:I don't want to eat seafood pizza.
B:That's what we have for dinner. Take it or leave it;have it your own way.




How can you joke at a time like this?(這個時候你還有心情説笑)

A:Vicky got lost, and it might be a relief to everyone.
B:How can you joke at a time like this?




I'm not superman(我又不是超人)

A:Can you take these two pans, a box of eggs, and two bags of flour to the basement.
B:Hey,I'm not superman.

Or I only have two hand









I'm only human(我只是個常人)

A:You shouldn't take a break before you finish all the work.
B:I'm only human.

Or I'm not superman



It's for the birds!(没意思)

A:The video games are for the birds!
B:Really? They're hit and in.

Or It's boring


It's not my day(我今天真倒楣)

A:It's not my day.
B:What's the matter?

Or Today is not my day



Just my luck(運氣差)

A:Oh,no. My computer is down again. Just my luck.
B:I'll fix it for you.

Or It's not my day







I'm no saint(我又不是聖人)

A:Hey, you put too much salt. Do you know how to cook?
B:I'm no saint.




So what?(那又如何)

A:You were late for school today.
B:So what?




Sorry is never good enough.(對不起有什麼用)

A:I'm sorry.
B:Sorry is never good enough

Or I don't need your sorry


take it out on (someone)(對某人出氣)

A:You shouldn't take it out on your brother.
B:But it's he who messed up my room

Or vent one's anger on











tear (one's) hair out(氣得要命)

A:Was my father mad?
B:He was tearing his hair out.

Or hit the ceiling


tell (someone) off(臭罵一頓)

A:Why did you tell it to May?She told me off.
B:Sorry.

Or give (someone) a good dressing-down


What's the difference?(又有什麼差別/關係)

A:You gained weight.
B:One or two pounds. What's the difference?




What the heck(管他的)

A:Don't spit here?
B:What the heck!

Or What the hell











Who cares?(誰會在乎)

A:They were very angry with you.
B:Who cares?

Or I don't care.

Who else?(除了(某人)還有誰)

A:who did this to my son?
B;Who else? Peter.

Or No one but Peter

Who gives the orders around there?(你以為你是老大嗎)

A:Move the table and then clean the windows.
B:Who gives the orders around here?

Or Who's the boss here?


Why don't you just drop dead?
(
你為什麼不死了就算/滾開)

A:Give me money.
B:Why don't you just drop dead?












Why don't you watch where you're going?(你為什麼行路唔帶眼)

A:Sorry.
B:Why don't you watch where you're going?

Or watch out where you're going!

Why me?(為什麼又是我呢)

A:Mr. Gran wanted you to come.
B:Why me?



You're trying my patient(不要惹我發火)

A:I don't want to go. I don't like grandma. Why should I have dinner with her?
B:you're truing my patient.

Or Don't irritate me

Are you blind?(你瞎了嗎)

A:Where's my purse? Did you take it?
B:are you blind? It's on the table.












You call this justices?(你説這叫公平嗎)

A:You should give Mr. Beg $1000. The case is done.
B:You call this justice?

Or You consider this fair?


You may take it any way you want(你愛怎麼樣都可以)

A:Look at your attitude. Do you want to be fired?
B:You may take it any way you like.

Or Whatever you think.


That's not fair(這不公平)

A:Go upstairs and no more TV.
B:That's not fair.

Or It's unfair.



沒有留言:

張貼留言