2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(24)


Decisions, decisions(真難做決定)

A:Which cars do you prefer?
B:Decisions, decisions. The red one is not bad, but...

Or It's hard to make a decision.


Do I have any other choice?(我還有其他選擇嗎)

A:Why do you cheat on the test?
B:Do I have any other choice?

Or I don't have achoice


(someone be) easily dominated(易受人指使/没有主見)

A:Do you think Jack will go with us?
B:Don't worry. He's easily dominated.

Or He is easy to follow others.


How could I say no?(我怎能拒絕)

A:William invited you to his dinner party. Do you want to go?
B:How could I say no?

Or How could I refuse (it)?



I have no choice(我別無他選)

A:Why did you buy the red one?
B:I have no choice. It was the only paints left.

Or I don't have other choice



It depends.(看情形而定)

A:Who'll come to the concert?
B:It depends on who'll sing.





It's in God's hands(聽天由命)

A:They've done everything they could to promote the project.
B:It's in God's hands.

Or God decides it.



If that's the way you want it...(假如這就是你所希望的)

A:You want to keep the baby?
B:You mean you don't want the baby? If that's the way you want it, I don't want to see you anymore.











It's now or never(要不就算了)

A:Do you want to buy Mr. Gold's house? It's now and never.
B:Let me think about it.

Or Now or never.


It's up to you (由你自己決定)

A:When will you leave?
B:it's up to you.

Or It rests with you.


Let's flip for it(讓我們丟銅板決定)

A:Shall we move or stay here?
B:Let's flip for it.

Or I'll toss you for it.



Let's take a vote(讓我們投票決定)

A:Who should go visiting uncle this weekend?
B:Let's take a vote.

Or Let's vote for it.









Like what?(譬如什麼)

A:He made trouble again in school, I will do something serious.
B:Like what?

Or Such as?




Make up (one's) mind(下定決心/拿出主意)

A:Do you want to go or not? You have to make up your mind.
B:Give me a minute to think about it.

Or you have to decide it.



Take your choice(選一個你喜歡的)

A:Wow, the dolls you made are so pretty.
B:Take your choice if you want.

Or take one you prefer



You're the boss(一切聽你的/你來作主)

A:The light is not right. Can you change it?
B:Sure. You're the boss.


沒有留言:

張貼留言