2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(3)


Don't be modest!(別謙遜)

A:It's a wonderful work. Don't be modest!
B:Thanks.

Or You rock it,really!


Good for you(對你有好處的)

A:I'll take your advice and work hard.
B:Good for you.


Good taste (in something)(有好眼光)

A:Do you think George is suitable for the job?
B:Yes. He has good taste in investment.



I'm happy for you(真為你感到高興)

A:I will go to Stanford University.
B:I'm happy for you.

Or Good for you













(someone) have the makings of (天生是才料)

A:She plays the piano so well.
B:She has the makings of a musician.

Or She is cut out to be a musician


Nice going(做得好)

A:Nice going, girls. I'm proud of you.
B:Thanks.

Or Well done


That's really something(真了不起)

A:He ran across the desert.
B:That's really something.

Or That's really excellent


That's my boy(好孩子)

A:See, mom. I passed Tom the salt.
B:That's my boy!

Or Good boy













the real thing(上等貨)

A:Look at my new L.V. bag
B:Oh my god! That's the real thing.

Or That's not fake



think of everything(考慮周到)

A:You think of everything. Bob is lucky to marry you.
B:Thanks.

Or You're considerate


Way to go(做得好)

A:He hit a home run.
B:Way to go!

Or Nice going


You are just being polite(你只是客氣而已)

A:The work, in fact, is not so good.
B:You 're just being polite!

Or You're (too) modest

沒有留言:

張貼留言