2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(4)


Get (someone) on the rebound!(與剛結束戀情的人交往)

A:Who's that handsome man?
B:Sue 's boyfriend. He got her on the rebound.




Give (someone) a chance(給某人一次機會)

A:The job is demanding.
B:I can do it well if you give me a chance.

Or give an opportunity to (someone)



Give me a hand(幫個忙)

A:Can you give me a hand?
B:sure

Or Can you help me


I'm all ears(洗耳恭聽)

A:Guess what?
B:What do you want to tell me? I'm all ears.

Or I'm listening









I'll see what I can do(我看看能做點什麼)

A:Mr. Red was out of work yesterday.
B:I'm sorry to hear that. I'll see what I can do for him.

Or I'll try my best to help(someone)




I wish there were something I could do(我希望能做點什麼)

A:I'm bored with watching TV all day. I wish there were something I could do.
B:Why not paint the fences for Mr. Black?

Or I'll see what I can do



leave (something/someone) to (someone)(由某人來照料)

A:Can you look after my sister for an hour?
B:Sure. Just go ahead and leave her to me.

Or (someone) take care of...



give ground (on something)(讓步)

A:My boss is stubborn man.
B:so you mean he won't give ground on the issue.

Or meet halfway






have a crush on (someone)(迷上某人)

A:What's those flowers for?
B: I've had a crush on a nice girl. They're all for her.

Or fall in love with (someone)



How about a kiss?(親一下如何)

A:What do you want for your 38 year old birthday present?
B:How about a kiss?

Or How about a smooch?


Kill with kindness(溺愛)

A:Ted's parents are spoiling him.
B:They will kill him with kindness someday.




leave (someone) cold (使某人沒有好感)

A:I can't stand a man smoking. He leaves me cold.
B:Me, either.















Make a pass at (someone)(勾引某人)

A:George made a pass at sue at the party.
B:Really? Wow, it's big news.

Or flirted with (someone)



(something/someone) means no harm(沒有惡意)

A:Why is John here?
B:honey, he means no harm.





On a friendly footing with (someone)(與某人交情很好)

A:Do you know Jack?
B:Yes, I'm on a friendly footing with him.

Or getting alone well with (someone)



spring fever (思春)

A:He's chasing girls again.
B:It's the season of spring fever.












touch the right cord(觸及心弦)

A:I like classic music. It touches the right cord.
B:Me too.


Or (something) is touching





what's on your mind(你在想/擔心什麼)

A:You look upset. What's on your mind?
B:Nothing.

Or what' re you worried about?

沒有留言:

張貼留言