2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(10)


At the moment, that's it.(目前只有這個方法)

A:Do you really have to sell the house?
B:At the moment, that's it.

Or That's the only way to do


But how(但如何做呢)

A:You should invest money on funds.
B:But how?

Or How to do it?

Don't just shake your head(別光說,要行動)

A:Honey, the cat is eating the fish on the table.
B:Don't just shake your head. Try to kick it off the house.

Or Do something

get (one's) foot in the door(跨出第一步)

A:Rose doesn't get much from her modeling.
B:At least she got her feet in the door.












Got off on the wrong foot(一開始就錯了)

A:Why do Sam and I not get along well with each other?
B:You two got off on the wrong foot.

Or You two got out of bed on the wrong side



have some plans up (one's) sleeve(內有乾坤有妙計)

A:About the problem, I have some plans up my sleeve.
B:I hope so.

Or I have the game in my hands



(someone) got the magic touch(手法靈活/技巧好)

A:How did you fix the copy machine?
B:I've got the magic touch

Or I have my way



Let's leave it at that(就這麼辦/順其自然)

A:It's your turn to do homework.
B:OK. Let's leave it at that. You go pick up the children and I stay home vacuuming.









Short cut(捷徑)

A:Do you know any short cut to make big money?
B:No.





Single handedly(單人匹馬)

A:She went single handedly.
B:She's so brave.

Or She did it by her own


(to)Sit in(靜坐示威)

A:What did the students sit in for?
B:They sat in here for high tuition fee policy.

Or have a strike



starting line-up(最有把握的事先做)

A:How will you deal with your speech?
B:I'm going to take some interesting cases as my starting line-up.

Or The first thing first








steal the whole show(搶盡風頭)

A:Her dress stole the whole show last night.
B:She was so smart.

Or draw all attention


strike back(還擊)

A:She said she would strike back someday.
B:Then?

Or fight back



take a short cut(抄捷徑)

A:Cheating is not a way to take a short cut.
B:Then what?

Or (to) cut corners


(to) take cover(掩護一下)

A:Your wife is running this way.
B:Please take cover of me.

Or to cover










take that(看招)

A:Take that, May.
B:Oh my god. It hurt.





That's my specialty(那是我的看家本領)

A:Wow, you made all the shirts?
B:That's my specialty

Or That's what I'm good at.

沒有留言:

張貼留言