2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(23)


Been waiting long?(等了很久嗎)

A:Been waiting long?
B:You're late for an hour.

Or You're been waiting long?/Sorry to have kept you waiting


Can (Will) you give me a light?(借個火好嗎)

A:Can you give me a light?
B:Sorry, I don't have one.

Or Can I borrow a light?


(Do You) care for a drink?(想來一杯酒嗎)

A:Do you care for a drink?
B:I quit drinking, sorry.

Or How about a drink?


Do you have your papers?(你有証件嗎)

A:Do you have your papers?
B:Yes, here you are.

Or I need to see your papers.









How is (someone) getting alone(某人近況如何)

A:How is your father getting alone?
B:Pretty good. Thanks.

Or How is your father doing?


How did it go(後來怎樣了呢)

A:Then they got married.
B:How did it go?

.



how did your shopping go?(你們逛街收獲如何)

A:How did your shopping go?
B:I bought a bag for my mom as a Christmas present.

Or How was your shopping?



How do I look?(我看起來如何)

A:How do I look on this red shirt?
B:Not bad, but the blue one is good on you.











How is everything?(近況如何)

A:How is everything about your family, Henry?
B:Terrific,Thanks.

Or how is your family getting alone?


How was I?(我表現得如何)

A:How was I?
B:You did it very well. I was touched by your role.




Is this seat taken?(這位子有人坐嗎)

A:excuse me, is this seat taken?
B:yes, it is.

Or is this seat free?



May I ask why?(我能知道為什麼要這樣做嗎)

A:They gave up building the castle.
B:May I ask why?

Or How come?










Mind if I tag along(不介意我跟著去吧)

A:Mike and I will go to the baseball game.
B:Do you mind if I tag along?

Or Mind if I follow(you)?



So what else is new?(還有什麼新鮮事)

A:Professor Red failed Linda.
B:So what else is new?

Or So what's up?


What about?((某事)怎麼辦呢)

A:They'll go to Taipei this weekend.
B:what about our picnic party?

Or What should we do with?

What are you looking at me for?(你看著我做什麼?)

A:What are ore you looking at me for?
B:You're so charming today.












What are you selling?(你葫蘆裡賣的是什麼藥)

A:Please open the box. There's a surprise for you.
B:What are you selling?





What do you call this?(你稱這是什麼)

A:What do you call this?
B:Taro

Or what do you call this?



What do you say?(閣下高見如何)

A:You write the first part of the paper and I the rest of it. What do you say?
B:Let me think about it.






What do you think?(你覺得如何?)

A:I'll drive the car. What do you think?
B:It's up to you.



Or What do you say?








What does it have to do with(那跟某人/事有什麼關係)

A:I don't want you to see Sam.
B:What does it have to do with Sam?

Or What's wrong with you?


What's it all about?(怎麼回事)

A:T&B was broken last month.
B:What's it all about?

Or What's going on?



What's cooking?(近況如何)

A:What's cooking?
B:Not bad.

Or How're you doing?




What's going on?(發生了什麼事?)

A:What's going on?
B:My dog passed away.

Or What's it all about?






What's gotten into you?(你哪兒不對勁)

A:I don't want to see you.
B:What's gotten into you?

Or What's wrong with you?



What's (someone) like?(長得/個性如何)

A:What's he like?
B:Very tall and handsome.



What's next?(接下來是什麼)

A:Dad, blow up the candles and make a wish.
B:What's next?





What's the dope?(你在賣弄什麼玄虛)

A:Turn off the light and come here.
B:What's the dope?

Or What's the scoop?







What's the story?(怎麼回事)

A:What's the story between you and your brother?
B:It's long story. All for money.

Or What's happened?


What's this all about?(怎麼回事)

A:What's this all about?
B:My wallet was stolen.

Or What's going on?

What's make you think so?(什麼事會讓你這麼想呢)

A:What makes you think so?
B:After I sent you to the hospital


Or What's the scoop?


What say?(意下如何)

A:Let's eat out, what say?
B:OK.

Or What do you say?











Where are you calling from?(你是從哪裡打來的)

A:May I speak to Sophia?
B:Where are you calling from? You have the wrong number.

Or Who's speaking?




Who is it?(誰呀?)

A:Who is it?
B:It's me, Susan.


沒有留言:

張貼留言