2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(12)


crack a book(用功讀書)

A:I can't believe it. You're cracking a book.
B:Not funny.

Or You're hitting the books


(I've) done everything (I) can(已盡力了)

A:You failed on your math again. What's wrong?
B:I've done everything I can.

Or I've done everything possible.

Go all the way(堅持到底)

A:She worked very hard but didn't get promoted.
B:I think she should go all the way. Don't give up so soon.

Or She didn't want to go “all the way” with him(有上床之意)

go all-out(拼命努力)

A:I want to give up.
B:Come on. We should go all-out.

Or Let's give it all we've got







Improving your mind(用功讀書)

A:What 're you doing? Improving your mind?
B:I have an English test tomorrow.

Or are you cracking the book



(someone) never give up(永不死心)

A:Want to buy a lottery ticket?
B:You are really never give up.

Or Habits die hard


pull an all-nighter(開夜車/熬夜)

A:Want some coffee?
B:Sure. I've pulled an all-nighter for week.

Or stayed up for



rack (one's) brains(絞盡腦汁)

A:How about the new proposal?
B:I've rack my brains but got nothing interesting.







Ready to risk (my) life(隨時可以拼命)

A:Do you want to lend him money?
B:I'm ready to risk my life.

Or I'm ready to fight for it.



Stay up all night(熬夜)

A:He stays up all night for exams again.
B:He's a good student.

Or stay up late



Still up?(還没睡嗎)

A:Still up, Mike?
B:Yes. Did I wake you up?

Or Haven't gone to bed?


沒有留言:

張貼留言