2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(19)


You've got to do something(你一定要想個法子)

A:You've got to do something. My sister was hurt.
B:I'll do anything to help her.

Or Do something

I've got to run(我該走了)

A:The dinner is ready. Sit down and eat with us.
B:May be next time. I've got to run

Or But it made me feel had.


I'll be along later(我待會兒就來)

A:Would you come with us?
B:You and Father go first. I'll be along later.

Or I'll come later.


I'll be right with you(我馬上就來)

A:We're ready to order.
B:I'll be right with you, sir.

Or I'll be here soon






I'll be there(我會準確到達)

A:CEO will be here at 8:00am. Don't be late.
B:I'll be there.

Or I'll be here on time



I'll get it(我來接電話/開門)

A:The phone is ringing.
B:I'll be get it. I think it's your father.

Or I'll answer (the door/the call)



Let me through(讓我過去)

A:sorry, you're in my way. Can you let me through?
B:sure.





Make room(讓出位置)

A:Can you make room for the poor girl?
B:Sure.

Or make some space




send (someone) in(請某人進來)

A:Can you send Mr. Black in?
B:Sure.

Or Can you take Mr. black in?


Show (someone) the back door!((某人)/送客)

A:Show them the back door!
B:yes, sir.





Stay out of (one's) way(滾開/別擋路/少管閒事)

A:Stay out of my way. It's time for baseball.
B:Sorry.

Or Get out of my way


stay where you are(留在原地/別動)

A:stay where you are! There's a snake behind you.
B:Help!

Or Don't move.

沒有留言:

張貼留言