2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(21)


give a damn(在意/在乎)

A:Jane does not like you at all.
B:I don't give a damn about it.

Or I don't care about it


It mean nothing to me(我一點也不在意)

A:He wants to quit.
B:It mean nothing to me.

Or I don't care at all



it's no laughing matter(那不是開玩笑的事)

A:When Judy comes, we can say “Fatty Judy” as a greeting.
B:It's no laughing matter.

Or You'd better be serious



Let's talk business(讓我們來談正經事)

A:Let's talk business, instead of fooling around
B:OK

Or Let's get down to business








mean business(認真的/當真的)

A:What he said last week meant business.
B:Are you sure?

Or serious


(something/someone) means so much to me(對我來説太重要了)

A:Don't throw the doll away. It mean so much to me.
B:OK

Or (something) is important to me


not necessary(不必要)

A:Do I need to finish my master degree and apply for the job?
B:Not necessary.

Or It's not essential



Not really(並不是十分的喜歡/討厭)

A:Do you like her make-up?
B:Not really.










That's not true(那不是實話/没這回事)

A:Bob told me that you stole his girlfriend.
B:That's not true.

Or It's not real



(something be) personal(涉及個人恩怨/喜好/私事)

A:It's personal, and I don't want you to get involved.
B:All right

Or It's personal stuff



So help me God!(我發誓是真的/的的確確是如此)

A:Did you do your homework by yourself?
B:Yes, I did. So help me God!

Or Indeed, yes.




The same goes for you(你也一樣)

A:You'd better watch out your mouth.
B:The same goes for you.

Or You too





You bet!(當然)

A:Will you come with us?
B:You bet! I'll go

Or Of course


You can't be serious(你不可能是當真的)

A:I'll give you my old car.
B:You can't be serious

Or You're not just saying that?



You'd better make sure(你最好能確定)

A:The flight is at 5:00pm
B:You'd better make sure.

Or You'd better make confirm




You have my word(我向你保證)

A:Can you keep the secret for me?
B:You have my word.

Or I give you my pledge








You too!(你也是/彼此彼此)

A:Don't play the games.
B:You too.





(someone) got a lot of nerve(很有勇氣)

A:I caught the snake last week.
B:Jesus, you got a lot of nerve.

Or (someone) have a lot of nerve



have an ax to grind(另有企圖)

A:I don't know why he married Susan. She is not his type.
B:I think he has an ax to grind. You know, Susan is very rich.

Or (He) does (this) on purpose



How dare you!(膽識真大啊)

A:Move out of my house
B:How dare you!

Or How dare you said that?









(have) got an eye(打算要做/留意/有鑑賞力/有眼光)

A:He's got an eye to quit his old job.
B:Did he find a new one?


沒有留言:

張貼留言