2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(5)


(You're) a little too far(有點太過份了)

A:I bought lottery tickets for ten thousand dollars last week.
B:You're a little too far this time

Or (You're) over the line




cut (someone) down(雞蛋挑骨頭)

A:Why do your husband earn so little?
B:Mom, you always cut him down.

Or You always pick holes in him



(someone) deserve it(活該)

A:Tim was caught stealing in the shopping mall yesterday.
B:He deserved it

Or It served him right



(You) think too much of (yourself)(自以為了不起)

A:I don't need your money and help.
B:You think too much of yourself.

Or You think so highly of yourself


get carried away(做得太過份)

A:I cut down all Miss Willy's trees for revenge.
B:You got carried away this time

Or (You) went too far this time

I wonder how low you can get(我不知你墮落到什麼地步)

A:To many for money? I wonder how low you can get.
B:It's my business.



Just look at you(看你那副德性)

A:Where's the John?
B:Just look at you! You drank too much.



(someone) never learn(永遠學不乖)

A:I've told you not to see him. You never learn.
B:I love him.

Or (someone) never learn a lesson











I am to blame(責怪我好了)

A:Who let the dog in the house?
B:I am to blame

Or It's my fault



It's (someone's) fault(是某人的過錯)

A:It's your or John's fault to tear down the block?
B:It's his fault.

Or It is (someone) to blame.



Put (someone) in one's place(糾正某人的行為)

A:Jane put her stockings everywhere. You have to sat something about it.
B:I'll put her in her place.

Or (I'll) tell (her) to be good.


(someone) is not (oneself) today(某人今天很反常)
A:I'm not myself today.
B:What's wrong?

Or I didn't do well today.









(someone's) table manners are atrocious(某人吃東西的樣子真是難看)

A:His table manners are atrocious.
B:Someone should teach him how to eat.

Or he doesn't have table manners



Where did you learn your manners(你怎麼這麼無禮)

A:Where did you learn your manners?
B:From you.

Or Your attitudes are so bad.


You're all alike(你們都是一樣)

A:I won't be like Bob, only offering lip service.
B:You're all alike.

Or You're all the same


You're all mouth(你只會說說而已)

A:Call me if you need any help.
B:You're all mouth.

Or It's only a lip service.

沒有留言:

張貼留言