2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(17)


(be) cute, very cute(聰明,真聰明(反諷))

A:I told everyone their love affairs.
B:Cute, very cute. You'll be big trouble.

Or (Be) cute, very cute


Don't be silly(別儍了)

A:Jam didn't call me last night. He doesn't love me anymore.
B:Don't be silly!

Or Don't be stupid



Flattery will get you nowhere(拍馬屁也没用)

A:Mom you look pretty today. So, can I go to a basketball game with Sam?
B:Flattery will get you nowhere

Or Fauning (someone) on doesn't work



fry in (one's) own grease(自作自受)

A:Henry lost his job because of being late all the time
B:He fried in his own grease.

Or He deserve it









a same old story(老掉牙的故事)

A:Guess what?
B:Oh, no. Don't tell me that same old story




That's the best excuse you can come up with?(那是你所能想出來的最好藉口嗎)

A:I'm late because I was robbed.
B:That's the best excuse you can come up with?




That's joke's pretty old(老掉牙的笑話)

A:Why don't they laugh?
B:That joke's pretty old!

Or That's an old joke





There's no holding (one's) back(没有事情阻止(某人))

A:He was in hot water for finding another job or not.
B:There's no holding him back.

Or Nothing stops him






Where's your sense of humor?(你的幽默感去了那裏)

A:Not funny.
B:Where's your sense of humor?

Or Take it easy


You ain't seen nothing yet(好戲還在後頭)

A:Wow, her skirt is short and hot.
B:You ain't seen nothing yet.

Or You ain't heard anything yet


You must be daydreaming(你一定是發白日夢)

A:Allen called me 5 minutes ago.
B:You must be daydreaming. He's in Japan.

Or You're a space cadet


enough to turn (one's) stomach(倒人胃口)

A:Look at the old man and his young girlfriend.
B:It's enough to turn my stomach.

Or It make me sick

沒有留言:

張貼留言