2012年5月31日 星期四

慣用語法Idioms(2)


Come on(來吧/算了吧)

A:I don't want to go. Nobody likes me.
B:Come on!

Or Don't think that way


Don't be bashful(別害羞/別不好意思)

A:My hairdo is awful. I can't see him like this.
B:Don't be bashful! He doesn't care.

Or Don't care about it

Don't sweat it(不要緊張)

A:A super typhoon is coming.
B:Don't sweat it. It's still far away.

Or Don't be in panic

Don't take(something) so hard /badly (別想不開)

A:My boyfriend says I am overweight.
B:Don't take what he said so badly.

Or don't take it so seriously







give(someone) a kick in the behind (激勵別人做某事)

A:Steve hasn't started to learn swimming.
B:May be he needs a kick in the behind to get him going.

Or give (someone) a spur



Go ahead! (去做吧/請便)

A:Mom. Can I go to a movie with Sue?
B:Go ahead!

Or Sure! Do it!



Go for it (努力去做/大膽一試)

A:Do you think I should go to America?
B:It's your dream. You should go for it.

Or You should strive for it


Got nothing to lose (不會有什麼損失的)

A:I don't want to pick up Linda.
B:come on, don't be so cheap. You've got nothing to lose.










I don't blame you(我不怪你)
I'm to blame(要怪就怪我好了)

A:I'm sorry. I should have protected her.
B:I don't blame you. It's not your fault.




What's the point of getting angry(生氣有什麼用)

A:What's the point of getting angry?
B:But it's not my fault.

Or It's no use getting angry



win some, lose some(有得有失)

A:I lost everything :my health, family, and career.
B:Don't worry. Sometimes you win some;sometimes you lose. Keep going.

Or Life is not always on the bright side



A lot you know(你知道的真不少)

A:This is the best bank in the neighborhood.
B:A lot you know!

Or You know quite a lot.

沒有留言:

張貼留言